The Ontario Geographic Names Board
Continued letter to L.M. Lein June 21, 1972
Research by Mrs. Lacusta
This creek was noted as Portage Brook on Bell's map to accompany his report of 1869. The spelling Fraser Creek appeared on B.J. Saunders' survey plan of Purdom Township in 1893. The lake from which it flows was shown as Frazer Lake by D. Beatty, O.L.S., on his plan drawn in 1900. It was this spelling, with a "z", which was adopted by the Geographic Board of Canada in February, 1910 for the lake and creek. The lake had been shown as Long Lake as early as 1866 on an unidentified plan.
|This way to Frazer Creek, June 13, 2014.|