Freight-Passenger-Commercial Fishing Vessels of Lake Nipigon
As remembered by Adolph King, Rossport, Ontario, 1974
Nipigon Museum Archives
The 50 foot steel vessel, "A. B. Sutherland" was railroaded from Rossport to Lake Nipigon.
It had a fore and aft compound engine with jet condenser and a scotch boiler, Fire Tube make.
It came to Lake Nipigon in 1917 and was operated till 1929 when the boat and machinery were sold to scrap dealers.