Freight-Passenger-Commercial Fishing Vessels of Lake Nipigon
As remembered by Adolph King, Rossport, Ontario, 1974
From Nipigon Museum Archives
An open-deck fishing tug named "Sea Gull" which was railroaded from Lake Erie, Ontario, arrived in 1917 at Lake Nipigon.
It was 53 feet in length, with a steeple compound engine giving 8 nominal horsepower.
This tug went out of service in 1928 and the machinery sold to scrap dealers.
It was operated as a fishing tug while on Lake Nipigon by a Toronto firm, "The White Fish Co.".
Extra Information from Peter Sturdy: Sea Gull built in Goderich in 1890