This piano was brought north by McKirdy.
It is a Heintzman & Co. Toronto - Cabinet Grand
The finish is black. There is cloth backing to the latticework at the front of the piano.
It is reported to have a repair date of 1884.
McKirdy traded it to the Lespi family of Nipigon in lieu of payment for bakery products.
The Lespi Family later sold it to Grace United Church.
Then in the early 1970's it came to the Nipigon Historical Museum.
It had a grand sound for HonkyTonk players, but it needed tuning often.
Since the museum fire of 1990 and 14 years in cold storage it hasn't seen a tuning fork.