|Racing the Train|
The old Nipigon CP Railway station built in 1929, existed on mid-Front Street.
It was demolished in October 1982 despite a valiant effort to save it by a local committee.
Painted by Dan Sawatzky, July 16, 1992
This mural depicts Mr. Zechner
returning with a full truck from the blueberry patches, 1937.
This mural is on the wall beside Zechner's Ltd., Railway Street , Nipigon.
After WWII, the pulp and paper industry boomed &
the Nipigon River was one of many area rivers
used to drive logs downstream to the waiting mills.